Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Last night apparently I had one of my more productive sleep walking sessions. I call it productive because I definitely get a lot of stuff I've been meaning to do done.
1. I took off all the couch cushions and put them in bed with me... because why wouldn't I want 4 overstuffed cushions crowding up the bed?
2. I put the remote on the top stair of the staircase... because I'm sure I knew how easy that would be to find later.
3. I woke up with an unopened Hi-C juice box in my hand.... even sleepy Kacee knows she is thirsty in the morning.
4. I put my pants over the shower rod in the bathroom... who needs pants anyway I ask you?!
5. I put all of my bed's throw pillows inside my closet... because it was really easy to jump over a thousand pillows to get to my clothes this morning.
Anyway... usually my sleepwalking nights are not this productive, but last night's definitely was. Usually I just wake myself up opening a door or turning on the tv, but I guess I had a lot on my agenda for last night... It reminded me a lot of this:
I hope mine was that funny....
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
So the other night I decided to make us spaghetti for dinner and I thought "oh, I'll just half the package and put the rest back in the cabinet." FAIL! I was pouring it in and the whole package got dumped. No biggie, I'll just make it all and save the rest.
So all of the food is ready and I'm not gonna lie... it looks like something Paula Deen made ya'll (because I'm sure Paula uses Ragu). We eat and I start the dreaded process of cleaning up the kitchen, because you know Kyle isn't going to help when something is on MTV that he has seen 30 times already.
During the clean up I think "ya know what... I don't' want to keep all this pasta." So I pour it into the garbage disposal and this happens:
Spaghetti SHOOTS out of the other side of the sink... sticks to the walls... Bark's standing in the middle of it all with pasta hanging out of his mouth and stuck to his little head while I'm thinking "can a dog even eat pasta?" All this time the sink is filling with water and pasta is still flying around my kitchen. I turn of the disposal and call the maintenance man because there is no way I'm attempting to fix this one.
So the maintenance man comes in and he's all "how much pasta did you put in here?" I shrugged and said "oh, not much," which was a total lie, because I know it was like 2 pounds of that stuff. I also neglected to mention that I didn't turn the water on until after I had already stuffed it down the disposal.
I'm still picking spaghetti off of my walls, and it's been awhile. Oops...
Monday, May 4, 2009
It has been awhile since I have done this... probably because I haven't been to any good concerts... until now that is...
Oh.My.Gosh. Fleetwood Mac was a-mazing! I can't even begin to describe how fantastic it was... Stevie Nicks is the epitome of cool. The whole time I was just thinking "I can't believe I am in the same room with Stevie Nicks." I just think she is such a free spirit that it makes her 10 times cooler. She doesn't even care that she is swaying around on the stage like Nell (you know.. that Jodie Foster movie... that's right).
As we were sitting there watching the concert Kyle said he'd be right back and came back with this for me:
I was so excited... it involves four of my favorite things: Penguins, top hats, Fleetwood Mac, and totes in general.... I love it so much!
On another note... we booked our trip to Vegas for Whitney's wedding! We leave August 29th and are staying at the Bellagio... because that's how we roll.
Next up concert? Sugarland!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
STOPPING IN FRONT OF ME AT WAL-MART TO TEXT MESSAGE SOMEONE
OK folks, I text message all the time, so I could care less about that, but being at Wal-Mart when it is crazy crowded is not the place to stop in front of me to text message someone. It makes it worse if you are wearing Uggs and a brightly colored sweatsuit. Hold still so I can punch your stupid face.
Also, I did something stupid. I was looking at my Cox bill and I was thinking "Oh my gosh I never watch any of this stuff." Really I only watch NBC, ABC, TLC, and Food Network, so when I was looking at all of the channels I have I thought "this is dumb." So I called Cox and cancelled a ton of stuff. At this point I'm feeling pretty good about myself... until tonight. I sat down to watch my fave show How It's Made and I got this message... "To order this channel please contact Cox." It killed me a little on the inside. How will I know where hot dogs come from? What about hockey boots?! This is a travesty... I think it comes on the Discovery Channel too, so I haven't lost it all, but it still hurts a little...
On another note... Happy Easter! We had a good one... church was fantastic and we had a great lunch! I hope you guys had a great one too! Peace out...
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
It was very Cirque de Soleil with Britney in the middle of all of it... I would go see it a million more times if I could.
Holy cow I love concert season... No, I probably won't ever blog about anything else....
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
Do you watch Rock of Love Bus? Well, I do and it is fabulous... this is my fave clip of the year so far....
PEOPLE WHO EAT BASIL ARE LAME!
OK, so Kyle and I continued my birthday celebration (from January 30th) last weekend by going to see Bonnie Raitt at the Riverwind Casino. Let's talk about why I loved this venue.
1. There are only 1,500 seats, so basically there isn't a bad seat in the house.
2. It's in an Indian Casino, trashy people to stare at as far as the eye can see.
3. No smoking in the concert hall... suh-weet!
4. Big cushy chairs, and since everyone there was old we sat down the whole time!
Bonnie Raitt was amazing, I wish that I could be that awesome when I'm older someday. Also, I want to play kickin' guitar solos.
On another note in my sickness I rented Beverly Hills Chihuahua... what?! Yep. Apparently in my "I'm just gonna pull stuff off the shelves" I ended up with that... and Madagascar 2. I'm not gonna lie though, Madagascar 2 was really funny. I haven't made it to Beverly Hills Chihuahua (or BHC for those of us in the know), but I will let you know as soon as I watch that piece of cinematic genius.
Last but not least http://www.theblogess.com/ is the funniest blog I've ever read, but if you don't enjoy the filthy language I suggest you run... far, far, away. Katie, you make sure to read it. The end.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
OK, so I realize that I talk about a lot of things that annoy me and things that I don't like, so today I'm going to talk about my absolute favorite thing in the entire world... CONCERTS! I am so in love with live music that it is unreal, if they would let me be a stinky roadie I'd sign up in a heartbeat, but I'm too lazy to be a roadie.
I plan my summer around concerts. I have been doing this since I was 16 years-old and could drive myself. I can remember going to concerts with my parents when I was younger and thinking... "Wow... this is the coolest thing I've ever seen." Of course, when I went with them we went to see their favorite people like Tanya Tucker, Garth Brooks, and who could forget the oh-so-wonderful Billy Ray Cyrus (HOLLA to the Cyrus Virus).
The first concert I ever got to go unsupervised was Edgefest in Tulsa... I was absolutely amazed and I had a blast seeing my absolute favorite band at the time (and they are still up there today): Weezer. We also got to see a million other bands that I couldn't even begin to name... but it was fantastic.
I wanted to talk about some of the concerts I have planned for this year thus far...
April 2nd - Kansas City
April 12th - Tulsa
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
This morning I was discussing things I loathe with a couple of people in my office, so I thought I would share some of my annoyances with the blogging world.
One of my main annoyances is knick-knacks. I'm sorry if I am offending you with this, but it's not like I'm going to come over to your house and tear up your Beanie Babies... I just don't like them. I don't know if it is because I hate the actual knick knack or because I hate clutter in general. When I see those people on tv that they call "hoarders" I get ridiculously stressed out. I cannot imagine having a cluttered mess of collections in my house.
An example of my annoyance with collections is a certain family member who shall remain nameless... she collects Dreamsicles. Now, if you don't know all about these washed out little cherubs I consider you one of the lucky ones. Here is your example:
Isn't that the kind of thing that makes you have nightmares? I thought so.
The only other annoyance I am going to talk about today is bumper stickers (if I talked about all of my annoyances we'd be here all day). I am fine with having a few bumper stickers... especially in an election year, but sometimes when I'm behind a person with a stupid bumper sticker I have to think "do they actually think that is funny." Here are a few that make me want to punch the owner of the car in the face... and slash their tires:
Yes sir, just because I am against a war it means I love me some terrorists.
There are some bumper stickers that make me laugh, but in general they are in no way original or funny. One time I saw a bumper sticker that said (and I am not kidding):
Monday, February 9, 2009
1. I forgot how to log into this thing.
2. I had to travel back to Poteau for the weekend.
I know I haven't been blogging long enough to take a break, but it's my blog... so I can do whatever I want.
Let's talk about Poteau (PO-DO) for a moment... Good ol' Poteau. There are many things people don't know about this great little town I grew up in, so here are a few interesting facts (and by interesting I mean completely uninteresting):
1. Poteau is home of Cavanal: The World's Highest Hill... it is just 1 foot from being a mountain, it is probably a mountain by now... but we will never let go of that title. Also, since Poteau is so small I can tell you who lives in every blurry house in that picture... and when I googled it the first picture that came up was taken by my 8th grade geography teacher.
2. I'm out of interesting Poteau facts, I guess it wasn't that interesting... oh well, I'm tired of typing anyway.... Anyone else know any interesting Poteau facts?
3. My friend Megan calls it Potato.
4. Maria's is the best Mexican restaurant ever.
On to a new topic! I have had the Duffy CD Rockferry for a long time now, and I am still not sick of it... I love every song on it, and I listen to it about 35 times a day.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Anyway, I am starting a new movement to bring the ¢ sign back, so you guys better start using it... I'm not even kidding.
Just in case your wondering... it's ALT 0162 to make one... See how easy that is!
Monday, February 2, 2009
1. New Year's Eve - I feel that this holiday is crap. I feel like there is too much pressure to go out and have fun, I'd rather sit at home like any other night, but whatever. I never feel any different at midnight, and for some reason even though I stay up until almost midnight every night I always want to go to bed before 12 on New Year's... maybe it's my inner self trying to proove a point. Who knows? I also hate it because I spend the first two months of the new year making scribble marks on the date line of my checks.
2. Valentine's Day - Again... I feel like there is too much pressure. If you are single it seems like all single people are ridiculously bitter that day (and I want to punch people who call it Singles Awareness Day) and people who are in a relationship have all of this pressure to be nice. I'll be nice when I feel like it! But I do like the candy... so that's a plus...
3. This is the big one.... GROUNDHOG'S DAY. This is the stupidest holiday of the year in my opinion. First of all... unless you are from whatever town the Groundhog lives in no one celebrates. Even bank employees have to work on Groundhog's Day, and they get off for EVERYTHING. You don't get any good food... and I refuse to admit that my fate for the next 6 weeks depends on whether a beaver with no tail sees his shadow... I'm going to kill that beaver someday...