Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Like Drivin'

Yep that's right, my last post was on March 9th... I am very busy and important.

So this weekend I took a little trip back to Poteau to get my hair did.  Yes, I made a 6 hour round trip to sit and get my hair done for 2 hours.  Was it worth it?  You betcha.  Cheryl has been doing my hair for a very VERY long time and I'm just not ready to give her up... It's good enough that when I tell people I am going to get my hair done I get a weird look followed by "that isn't your natural color?"  To which I ALWAYS lie and say "well OF COURSE it is..." but it's definitely not.  According to Dad (who I'm sure was a poet in his former life... someday I'll do a whole post of Frank-isms): "Driving to Poteau to get your hair done?  That's the most practical thing I've heard all day."  Kacee's response?  Well if I had a mullet as cool as yours I wouldn't worry about it either....

While I was home I got to eat at my fave Mexican restaurant ever... Maria's!  Kyle was jealous so I brought him back some (and me some more!) and we had it for dinner tonight.  You can't beat that place... the food is awesome... it's cheap... and I get to see everyone I didn't want to see while we eat.... cha.  

As we were eating our Maria's tonight we were having a discussion about how all Mexican restaurants are different.  It seems to me that almost everyone's fave Mexican food is in their hometown.  Now, I do love me some Abuelo's.... but nothing will take the place of my beloved Maria's Derek Special with cheese..... mmmmmmm....

It really was a pretty eventful weekend.  I drove to Poteau to get my hair done and say hi to my family, then came back and since it was so nice outside we decided to go to The Mont for awhile.  I absolutely love when you can sit outside there... my fave.  I had a friend staying with me this weekend so we skipped church this morning and I made waffles, bacon, sausage, and eggs (well, Kyle made the eggs... eggs me no likey) and then we watched some old videos of us at CASC embarrassing ourselves.  I then made the colossal mistake of agreeing to watch The Descent.... yikes!  

Well, I'm bored with this... I'll post again when I have something worth saying.... or next time I'm bored...

CD's I'm currently listening to and loving..

Still not sick of Duffy
Missy Higgins
Schuyler Fisk


1 comment:

  1. Maria's and Ted's tie for top Mexican food of all time. I need some chips and queso dip now.

    ReplyDelete