Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Things I Like... and Things I Don't

Good Afternoon,

This morning I was discussing things I loathe with a couple of people in my office, so I thought I would share some of my annoyances with the blogging world.

One of my main annoyances is knick-knacks. I'm sorry if I am offending you with this, but it's not like I'm going to come over to your house and tear up your Beanie Babies... I just don't like them. I don't know if it is because I hate the actual knick knack or because I hate clutter in general. When I see those people on tv that they call "hoarders" I get ridiculously stressed out. I cannot imagine having a cluttered mess of collections in my house.

An example of my annoyance with collections is a certain family member who shall remain nameless... she collects Dreamsicles. Now, if you don't know all about these washed out little cherubs I consider you one of the lucky ones. Here is your example:

Photobucket

Isn't that the kind of thing that makes you have nightmares? I thought so.

The only other annoyance I am going to talk about today is bumper stickers (if I talked about all of my annoyances we'd be here all day). I am fine with having a few bumper stickers... especially in an election year, but sometimes when I'm behind a person with a stupid bumper sticker I have to think "do they actually think that is funny." Here are a few that make me want to punch the owner of the car in the face... and slash their tires:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Yes sir, just because I am against a war it means I love me some terrorists.

There are some bumper stickers that make me laugh, but in general they are in no way original or funny. One time I saw a bumper sticker that said (and I am not kidding):


I LIKE MY CHICKEN LIKE I LIKE MY WOMEN:
BATTERED AND FRIED
Was there also a NASCAR sticker and a Rebel Flag waving oh-so-proudly on this vehicle? Well, of course there was!
Thank you America... these are your citizens

3 comments:

  1. Dude, I keep meaning to show you the bumper stick in the parking lot. Something about being a proud Taylor Hicks fan. Horrible. Really, the American Idol guy? I don't think he is bumper sticker worthy. Lame.

    Also, I have one of those angels. But only one, so am I cool? Just to be safe, I think I will hide it next time you come over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite bumper stickers says "My Other Ride Is Your Mom". Makes me giggle every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen the aforementioned Taylor Hicks car on campus. Definitely lame. Of course little stick figure family stickers are cool especially if they are wearing mouse ears, right? Back me up here.

    I think the most trashy car accessory has got to be the hanging um balls for the hitch of your truck. Seen those? Classy.

    ReplyDelete